NEMT Driver Description
Disclaimer: The relationship of a person choosing to lease a vehicle offered by Lease Services for use as a non-emergency medical transport vehicle is strictly that of Lessee – Lessor. The information contained in this document is provided for general information purposes only and under no circumstance shall Lease Services have any liability resulting from the use of any of the information provided.
Title: Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Driver
Schedule/Hours: Monday – Friday, start and end time are flexible between the hours of 5 am and 6 pm
Weekends are optional and based on business needs.
The NEMT Driver is responsible for affiliating with an approved partnering company to provide contracted passenger transportation and/or package delivery services in a safe and professional manner by use of a company-owned vehicle provided through the leasing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable, courteous and respectful service, including aiding clients entering and exiting vehicles, transporting clients who may utilize a walker, wheelchair or other mobility device on paved and unpaved surfaces, and safely securing clients for transport, as necessary.
- Effectively communicate through use of specific web-based apps and to report any problems that may arise.
- At times, it may be necessary to follow manifest and/or dispatcher direction in reporting to pickups at the required location and time needed to ensure customers timely arrival for appointments.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence in English, both written and spoken. Write simple correspondence as necessary.
- Understand and adhere to all state and local laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Ability to drive defensively in all weather conditions.
- Complete necessary paperwork in reporting accidents/incidents when necessary.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections prior to and after trips and maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Adhere to routine maintenance and inspection schedules in addition to timely notification of vehicle issues and/or repairs needed to a designated subcontracted maintenance facility.
- Occasionally may need to lift/move items up to 25 pounds for ambulatory customers and push up to 50 pounds of weight for non-ambulatory and reach with hands and arms.
- Adhere to company policies and protocol.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Class D Drivers License (includes holding valid driver license for at least three years) minimum age 23, driving record must be acceptable to leasing company’s commercial vehicle insurance carrier
- Local municipality licensing may be required based on service area, example: City of Milwaukee Public Passenger License.