Taxi Driver Description
Disclaimer: The relationship of a person choosing to lease a vehicle offered by Lease Services for use as a taxicab is strictly that of Lessee – Lessor. The information contained in this document is provided for general information purposes only and under no circumstance shall Lease Services have any liability resulting from the use of any of the information provided.
Title: Taxi Driver
Schedule/Hours: Start and end times are flexible for AM shift between the hours of 6 am and 6 pm, for PM shift between the hours of 6 pm and 6 am or 24/7 option. All shift options available 7 days per week.
- The Taxicab Driver is responsible for affiliating with an approved partnering company to provide public and contracted passenger transportation and/or package delivery services in a safe and professional manner by use of a company-owned vehicle provided by the leasing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable, courteous and respectful service to transport passengers and/or deliver packages.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, taxi stands or high traffic areas
- Ensure passengers reach their destinations safely and on time.
- Assist passengers with entering and exiting vehicles and assist with any bags or luggage as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence in English, both written and spoken. Write simple correspondence when necessary.
- Effectively communicate through use of specific web-based apps and to report any problems that may arise.
- Occasionally may need to lift bags and/or luggage up to 25 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to all state and local laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Complete necessary paperwork in reporting accidents/incidents when necessary.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections prior to and after trips and maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Adhere to routine maintenance and inspection schedules of leased vehicle in addition to timely notification of vehicle issues and/or repairs needed to a designated subcontracted maintenance facility.
- Ability to driver defensively in all weather conditions.
- Adhere to company policies and protocol.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Class D Driver's License (includes holding valid driver license for at least two years) minimum age 23, driving record must be acceptable to leasing company’s commercial vehicle insurance carrier
- Local municipality licensing may be required based on service area, example: City of Milwaukee - Public Passenger License.